A memoir is defined as a personal account of an event, or an essay on a scientific or scholarly topic. We'll have to go with the personal account definition since I doubt that carpool is either scientific or scholarly. Really I just liked the sound of the title, although I have to say that the kids do look somewhat scholarly.
Each weekday at 2:00, school lets out and I prepare to meet up to 12 cherubs for the trek home. Three of them are mine, the rest are children of friends. We have at least one student from each grade from kindergarten through ninth grade with the exception of a seventh grader. Since the Lord has blessed us with a 15 passenger van, I figure why drive it half empty when I can fill 'er up? It works out great for all involved and the kids really enjoy each other.
The reason I write about this is because I am usually amused by the antics and small talk that goes on. We have the informative, all knowledgable passengers, the easy going, the very talkative, the "I can't sit by a boy" passengers, and the hard core"slug buggers." Last week I could not help but laugh when I had five girls and one boy in the back and they decided to play "slug bug" in teams, girls vs. boys. The poor boy didn't have a chance. The funny part was when I heard at least five of the voices simultaneously yell, "Slug bug, yellow...YESSSSS!" I wish I had it on tape.
Here's a small clip of the typical carpool goings-on:
(sorry, I put Cooper in charge of the camera)
The reason I write about this is because I am usually amused by the antics and small talk that goes on. We have the informative, all knowledgable passengers, the easy going, the very talkative, the "I can't sit by a boy" passengers, and the hard core"slug buggers." Last week I could not help but laugh when I had five girls and one boy in the back and they decided to play "slug bug" in teams, girls vs. boys. The poor boy didn't have a chance. The funny part was when I heard at least five of the voices simultaneously yell, "Slug bug, yellow...YESSSSS!" I wish I had it on tape.
Here's a small clip of the typical carpool goings-on:
(sorry, I put Cooper in charge of the camera)
1 comment:
Ok-THAT was funny! I dont know how you do it every day but Im so thankful you do! I about spilt when I read about the hardcore "slugbuggers!"
Post a Comment